Careers - We're Hiring!
WE ARE HIRING - HEAD GARDENER / EDUCATOR!!
PRFCT is currently looking to fill the following position in our own office:
HEAD GARDENER / EDUCATOR: The Perfect Earth Project, an East Hampton based 501 (c)(3) nonprofit which promotes toxic-free, nature-based lawns and landscapes is looking to hire an experienced gardener to care for our 4-acre experimental/teaching landscape in Springs (East Hampton) NY and to assist with educational and outreach activities. Position is year-round, full time and includes nearby housing.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
-Garden maintenance for flower, vegetable, meadow, moss, and woodland gardens includes, but not limited to: planting, weeding, hand watering/irrigation monitoring, composting, pruning, mowing, record keeping, etc.
-Landscape handy work including tool maintenance, small repairs, light carpentry and coordination of larger projects.
-Planning, management, and supervision of crews for larger projects. -Working directly with property owner and PRFCT Earth President- preparation of educational materials, events and garden tours for homeowners and professionals. -Representing Perfect Earth at local environmental events (some weekends)
- Extensive gardening/plant knowledge and experience
- Strong knowledge of, experience in, and commitment to nature-based practices. -Proven passion for the environment
- Interest in educating others about toxin-free lawn and landscape care. - Ability to communicate and engage others with knowledge and enthusiasm. - Experience in project management is a plus.
- Highly motivated and able to work well alone, without supervision.
- Good organizational and managerial skills.
- Functional computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of Mailchimp and web management software a plus (not required)
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO Phone Calls Please.
Include your gardening specialty, your hobbies, and why you garden.