Environmental Outreach Coordinator
The Perfect Earth Project (PEP) is a nonprofit initiative focused on raising awareness about the dangers of lawn and landscape chemicals to humans, pets and the environment, and providing education in toxin-free land care. Founded in the fall of 2013, PEP has already made great strides with its outreach and education programs. It offers a no-cost opportunity for everyone to actually make a difference, a very appealing and increasingly popular message.
In a small (2 person) hands on, nonhierarchical office, the Outreach Coordinator will work directly alongside the President/Founder to advance the PEP mission and projects. The office is located on an idyllic 5-acre waterfront property with extensive gardens which provide a living laboratory for toxin-free land management. Responsibilities include a bit of everything: the day-to-day operations of the office including telephone, electronic, and mail correspondence; creation and distribution of program material, assembling and coordination of free-lance talent, office management, and new project and event development. Projects and events coordination afford opportunities to work with major artists, musicians and influencers in creative collaborations. The position offers an opportunity for a wide range of experience and is full time and based in East Hampton, NY.
- Facilitate day to day operations of organization
- Order and inventory supplies, shipping of products for sale
- Help to manage correspondence with supporters, and respond to general inquiries
- Help in designing and implementing Social Media, email campaigns and newsletters, using Mail Chimp, Outlook, and Microsoft Office suite
- Assist in originating ideas and writing and editing of educational and outreach materials
- Coordinate production of print and on line materials with graphic design team
- Manage records and contacts
- Plan and assist in special art/environmental projects to support message
- Assist in organization of programming, fundraising and outreach events
- Minimum 3 years in office environment or equivalent in environmental or horticultural organization
- Minimum Undergraduate degree, preferably in environment, landscape architecture, horticulture or related field
- Experience in communications/education/outreach or environmental programming
- Experience in/knowledge of gardening and landscaping preferred
- Strong relevant computer skills: internet research, MS Office, social media, Excel. Mail Chimp and Word Press/Refinery a plus
- Great writing skills
- Ability to work independently/alone without supervision
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Willingness to work occasional overtime/weekends
- Willingness to learn new computer programs/systems
- Passion for the environment, plants and human health.
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Full health benefits available.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your experience, qualifications, match of skills to the position, hobbies and special interests, and availability.
Email your application to: email@example.com with position title in the subject line.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis; deadline Sept. 30, 2017
The Perfect Earth Project is an equal opportunity employer.