PRFCT Practices are the foundation of Perfect Earth’s programs. Rooted in science and horticulturally tested, these methods, which address sustainability, biodiversity, beauty, resilience, health, and engagement, are the nature-based tools and solutions designed to transform the damaging conventional methods that have long dominated landscaping. Our practices are peer reviewed, regularly updated, and growing. Our catalog of resources for homeowners and professionals is always expanding.
Photos by Adrian Gaut
Pathways to PRFCT
Pathways to PRFCT is our partnership program with public gardens and parks throughout the U.S. Working with this network of diverse, responsibly managed landscapes, Perfect Earth and our partners share and exchange knowledge of PRFCT Practices, while drawing the public into beautiful, healthy, and biodiverse green spaces where these practices are being applied.
Our Pathways to PRFCT Partners include
Westchester County Parks
- Hilltop Hanover Farm, Yorktown, NY
- Muscoot Farm, Katonah, NY
- Lasdon Park, Katonah, NY
- Cranberry Lake Preserve, West Harrison, NY
- Lenoir Preserve, Yonkers, NY
Photo by Stacy Locke
A nationwide program, Living Lands provides individualized coaching and education for private landowners, landscape designers, and maintenance professionals to ensure successful transitions from conventional, toxic methods to nature-based practices. Our first major partner is Peconic Land Trust on Eastern Long Island, where we will focus on the vital Georgica and Sagg Pond watersheds, but our individualized land care advice, workshops, and educational programs will be available to all. Together, we will work with homeowners and their landscape teams to create individualized land care programs and engage their full interest and long-term commitment to their PRFCT places.Goals of the Living Lands program will include:
- Improve groundwater and local waterways by reducing harmful fertilizer and pesticide runoff.
- Improve human and pet health by reducing harmful pesticide exposure.
- Teach landowners, landscape designers, landscapers, and gardeners about the steps they can take to encourage a healthy and biodiverse ecosystem—and in the process, create places of wonder and beauty.
- Share success stories with the goal of inspiring more landowners to convert their properties to nature-based Living Lands.
- Educate and encourage landscapers to provide PRFCT services and inspire environmentally minded individuals to consider careers in nature-based land care.
- Produce materials for landowners, decision makers, students, and for media presentations and workshops.
To support this vital work of Living Lands, click HERE .
Nibbled Leaf is about showcasing the beauty of nature-friendly gardens, the joy of sharing our properties with wildlife, and making a real contribution to the health of our planet. Created in partnership with the Garden Conservancy, the program is the native plant and organic gardening initiative within Open Days, the Garden Conservancy’s nationwide garden visiting program. The only requirement is a commitment to creating gardens that share their bounty with as many lifeforms as possible. Well over half of Open Days garden owners signed up for the Nibbled Leaf icon in their Open Days listing in 2023. Perfect Earth created The Nibbled Leaf Booklet, a handbook for turning this commitment into practice so that our gardens can become havens for all living things.